Inspired by Kundalini Yoga technology this course offers practical, fun and effective strategies for teaching yoga for children with special needs.
Participants will learn tools to support children ages 3 to 17 by teaching conscious breathing, meditation exercises, and yoga postures (asanas) to increase focus, body awareness, self-control, communication, and self- esteem.
Our vision is to bring peace, well-being, love and awareness to all children, regardless of their physical or cognitive limitations.
Learn exercises for visualization, games, practical activities and modifications to teach yoga to children with various types of disabilities such as Autism, Trisomy 21, Cerebral Palsy, Hyperactivity, Asperger Syndrome, Attention Deficit, Global Developmental Delay, Behavioral Problems, among others.
Those who attend this course start a journey of self-discovery and attune themselves to their inner child. This discovery is sustained by the practice of yoga and meditation during the four days of training.
Who is this course for?
It is ideal for parents, educators, therapists and instructors who have a genuine love for teaching children. All your life experiences are a plus for the frequency of this course, so you do not need previous training in yoga.
· The methodology of the Yoga Instructors Course for Special Children.
· The various types of disabilities.
· The stages of development in childhood.
· What is Yoga? How Kundalini Yoga is our inspiration.
· Structure of a yoga class for special children.
· How to manage and lead a yoga class for special children.
· What are the appropriate postures for each age and disability?
· What breathing exercises (pranayamas), meditations, and appropriate relaxation for the special child.
· The role of the teacher.
Practical examples of yoga classes tailored for the special child.
· How to become a successful instructor.
This training enables and certifies trainees to lead yoga classes for children with special needs.
This course has a total duration of 36 hours, divided into two modules.