– Medicine Wheel –
An Instructional Course in Herbal Medicine
This five-part series is an introduction to therapeutic herbalism, guided by taste, energetics, and herbal actions. Participants will have the opportunity to make herbal medicine part of everyday life. Each module includes a recorded herb walk, instructional medicine-making videos, recipes, 2 lessons and space for question & answer. The course has a duration of 50 hours and is taught in English & Portuguese with translation if necessary in an interactive and pedagogical online format.
Programmatic content and dates:
1. Sweet Medicine: Moistening Tonics – November 6th – 3pm – 5:30 pm with Olivia Fite | November 13th – 3pm – 5 pm with Fernanda Botelho
Discover sweet and neutral-tasting medicinal plants such as licorice, Malva, and tilia. Often sweet and moistening herbs work by building immunity, soothing our nerves, and healing our skin. This module will introduce specific Sweet remedies and demonstrate how to incorporate them into your food and life.
2. Salty medicine: Detoxifying with Mineral-Rich Remedies – December 4th – 3pm – 5:30 pm with Olivia Fite | December 11th – 3pm – 5 pm with Fernanda Botelho
Detoxification is a hot topic in holistic health circles, often leading to overpriced & extreme protocols. This module explores safe, easy, natural, and affordable ways to gently detoxify the body. Participants will learn about specific remedies, such as nettles, pellitory of the wall, and medicinal seaweeds.
3. Bitter & Acrid Medicine: Stimulating the Gut / Sedating the Nerves – January 8th, 2022 – 3pm – 5:30 pm with Olivia Fite | January 15th, 2022 – 3pm – 5 pm with Fernanda Botelho
Bitter herbs such as artichoke and chamomile have a long history as digestive remedies. Acrid herbs, such as blue vervain and wild lettuce are powerful (even in small doses), helping us quiet the racing mind and ease into our knowing body.
Learn how to extract, use, and dose these potent plants which do so much for the stomach and spirit.
4. Pungent & Aromatic Medicine: Lifting Spirits & Healing Hearts – February 5th, 2022 – 3 pm – 5:30 pm with Olivia Fite | February 12th, 2022 – 3 pm – 5 pm with Fernanda Botelho
Aromatic plants such as lemon balm and lavender have the ability to shift one’s mood and open the heart. Spicy herbs like ginger and cayenne are often used to improve circulation and relieve stagnation. Join us in a day of exploring how plants rich in aromatic properties can bring more movement and joy into everyday life.
5. Sour & Astringent Medicine: Cooling & Healing Tissue – March 26th, 2022 – 3 pm – 5:30 pm with Olivia Fite | April 2nd, 2022 – 3 pm – 5 pm with Fernanda Botelho
Sour/astringent herbs cool and tonify tissue. This module introduces herbs such as agrimony, red raspberry leaf and plantain, plant remedies typically used internally and externally to treat wounds, slow bleeding, relieve inflammation, and tone tissue. We will also demonstrate how to make healing poultices & salves.
Location: Online via Zoom
- After your registration, 48h before the event date, you will receive the information with the Zoom link via email
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org